PR in the time of COVID-19. What can you do?
In a time of fake news, government advice to stay home and panic buying what can you do, if anything, to promote your business and keep in touch with customers?
The rules don’t change. Stay relevant and real. Talk to your customers in the same way as you always have, just be aware of the ever changing social and media landscape and think about what you can do for them not what you want from them.
Many of our clients are in retail, leisure and food and drink and they’re already feeling the pinch. If this is you then please get in touch if you need help or advice – we’re always available to provide support big or small to keep the industry alive (for the avoidance of doubt i mean free help or advice)!
So what can you do? What do you have that people need? If you do then don’t be ashamed to want to sell, you have every right to want to keep your business going. I certainly don’t want to just roll over and give up right now.
- Are you an expert in your field? Can you offer comment on your industry and how it is affected? We are placing interviews with Simon Wood talking about the challenges he is facing right now.
- Can you change or adapt your offering to suit the changing needs of Brits? Offer delivery rather than eat in?
- Move an event online? Live streaming is so accessible now and if we’re all working from home then we’re going to need ways to keep ourselves thinking.
- Hints and tips? If you are a hairdresser can you offer advice? Yoga instructors can offer live classes streamed via social media. I want to improve my baking so if Trove or Pollen want to hook me up with some tips I am ready!
- Gift vouchers – can’t sell right now? Can you ask your regulars to buy gift vouchers now for later on in the year?
- What can you do to help the local community? Not just for PR purposed but if we all pull together and focus on helping each other that’s going to make this experience a lot more positive I think.
Can’t do anything right now? You can plan for the future. It’s going to be more important than ever to have a robust PR and marketing plan in action when life does eventually go back to normal so now is the time to write content and plan.
In a bid to do our bit we have a plan up our sleeves to try and help the freelancers and small businesses who are losing jobs right now so watch this space for more info.